Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Fall 2020 Deadlines
- Priority: November 15, 2019
- Standard: February 15, 2020
- Final: April 1, 2020
- Supplemental Materials: May 1, 2020
- Classes Begin: August 31, 2020
Lead the Way in Your Career with a STEM-Designated Evidence-based Analytics Program
Businesses everywhere rely on data-based decisions to solve complex problems and achieve a competitive advantage. During our year-long MS in Business Analytics program, you’ll attack some of the most pressing challenges facing business today from both a decision-sciences and information-systems perspective. By solving real-time business problems, you’ll use your ideas to make a lasting and meaningful impact. With a focus on predictive analytics, risk management, optimization modeling, and information technology, this program is designed for students seeking an analytical career in evidence-based organizations that rely on big data.
- STEM-designated curriculum, allowing international students on F-1 visa the opportunity to apply for a 24-month extension of their optional practical training (OPT)
- 36-month optional practical training internship opportunity
- Accelerated pathway to an MBA
- Outstanding faculty with a unique combination of academic accomplishments and industry experience
- Values-based curriculum focused on personal and professional growth
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Extensive networking opportunities with an alumni network of more than 40,000 professionals worldwide
- MalibuCampus Location
- 36Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- MBAPathway Opportunity
- Online Option
How does the MBA pathway opportunity work?
Students who complete the MS in Business Analytics degree can apply and waive up to 20 units from the full-time core courses. This will allow MS in Business Analytics graduates to obtain an MBA degree by taking an additional 24-30 units of MBA core courses and a minimum of 16 units of additional MBA elective courses. Contact us to learn more.
Is there an internship required?
Yes. The purpose of the Internship is to provide students with a supervised opportunity to apply what they have been learning in a functioning organization. Working under the guidance of a professor and a mentor in the participating organization, the student devises a plan, completes the project, and submits a final report with conclusions and recommendations based on the experience. This course may be repeated. This course is graded credit or no credit.
Can the internship be waived?
An Internship, an Education to Business Project, or an Applied Research Project may be waived based on past or current work experience.
What fees are required?
Below is a list of estimated fees for full-time students:
- Application for admission - $150
- Enrollment fee - $1,000
- Business Society activity fee (per trimester) - $40
- Books and supplies - $1,000 (per trimester, approximate)
- Annual student health insurance (optional) - $3,535.20 (2015-2016 Academic Year) and $3,779.61 (2016-2017 Academic Year)
- On-campus graduate housing (optional) - $6,900 (per trimester, approximate)