Executive Mentoring Program
Through our Bachelor of Science in Management (BSM) Executive Mentoring Program, students
can take advantage of the unique opportunity to capitalize on building their business
leadership competencies through professional development, networking, and individualized
mentorship by alumni volunteers who are excited to share their experience and advice.
Within one academic term, eligible BSM students will be provided with online networking
and mentoring opportunities, pairing each mentee with an alumni mentor from Graziadio’s
Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
How Do I Participate?
Students interested in participating in the mentorship program are invited to apply online. A diverse cohort of 12 participants will be chosen by a selection panel composed of faculty and administrators.
Application information and materials to be submitted include:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA
- An updated Linkedin profile
- Four essay questions
What Do I Need to Be Eligible?
Current BSM students in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or above) demonstrating the interpersonal competencies outlined in Graziadio’s academic catalog. Students are expected to consistently display the following behaviors, attitudes and maintain a professional demeanor throughout this virtual program, including:
- The ability to work with others
- The capacity to listen and communicate effectively
- The ability to accept and incorporate feedback
- Multicultural competency
- Demonstrated capacity for personal awareness and self-reflection
What Is the Timeline?
|Twice-monthly mentoring sessions begin
|Online application due
|Notification of decision
|Kick-off conference (attendance required)
What Is Expected of Mentees?
Participants in the program agree to the following:
- Attend the virtual kick-off conference
- Complete an evaluation survey after the program
- Virtually meet with an executive mentor for one hour mentoring twice a month
- Their executive mentor will nominate selected participants to serve as peer-mentors to BSM students in the term following the program
- Participants are encouraged to join the BSM Executive Mentoring Program
LinkedIn Group for networking opportunities