Most Fundable Companies®
We Believe In Great Companies. We Help Them Succeed.
Our goal is to bridge the gap to get startup companies funded. Are you an early-stage U.S. company seeking private capital? Does your business generate between $0 and $10 million in annual revenue? Are you willing to answer a few questions and invest some of your time to learn about the due diligence process and determine your company's fundability?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, take part in our survey today! The Most Fundable Companies program is not limited to Pepperdine student and alumni startups, and is not a pitch competition. Get objective feedback on how your business will be viewed by potential investors beyond your introductory pitch. We aim to help you think about how to structure your business and position your service or product so that you are seen as a worthy investment. In 2021, over 3,300 startups across all 50 states were screened into the nation's top startups and selected for the annual Pepperdine Most Fundable Companies list.
Gala Event Highlights
Is Your Company Fundable?
Start with a Pre-Screen and Qualifier Survey. All companies receive the following benefits upon qualifier survey completion:
- Private, risk-free analysis and feedback, customized for your company ($500 value)
- Radar Graph from The Venture Alliance (TVA) - A unique graphical snapshot benchmarking your company to an ideal competitor in your industry at a similar stage of development
- General guidance on your likelihood for funding
- Opportunity to participate as semi-finalists in our Fundability Assessment phase
TVA Radar Graph
Benchmarking Across 12 Measured Dimensions
Completing the Pre-Screen and Qualifier Survey are the first step in being recognized as a Most Fundable Company.
After completing the Fundability Assessment, companies that are selected to be on the Most Fundable Companies list receive the following benefits:
- Recognized nationally
- Targeted credible exposure to potential strategic partners, investors, customers, and new hires
- Brand awareness and marketing tools
- Access to exclusive events, networking, and services
View Past Winners
Please note these key dates:
|Top Company Introductions and Verification||July 2023|
|Gala Event and Announcement of Winners||Fall 2023|
|Pre-Screening Round||February 1 - May 26, 2023|
|Qualifier Survey||April 3 - May 26, 2023|
|Fundability Assessment||June 1 - 30, 2023|
1. Can any company participate?
The program is not limited to Pepperdine affiliated startups. All startups characterized by the following are invited to participate:
Companies we cannot support at this time include:
Startups are about community. Share the program with your network.
2. Is there a cost?
No, Pepperdine is pleased to offer the surveys and feedback report at no cost to you. Your time to complete the surveys will be rewarded with private actionable feedback specific to your company for your use, plus consideration to be featured in the Pepperdine Most Fundable Companies List and its related benefits.
3. How does the competition work?
Companies across all industries are evaluated using Pepperdine's proprietary methodology powered by The Venture Alliance (TVA). The process, which focuses on investor due diligence, has been utilized to review thousands of startups for more than 15 years.
4. Who will be named on the Most Fundable Companies List?
Semi-finalists invited to complete our Fundability Assessment and final stage introductions and verification will be considered for the Pepperdine Most Fundable Companies List.
5. If I don't make this year's list, can I resubmit next year?
Yes! A goal of the Most Fundable Companies program is to provide you with constructive information to generate favorable results for your business and a better position next time. Plus, a lot can happen during a year in the life of a startup, therefore you will need to begin the process from the beginning.
6. Are survey responses kept private?
The information you provide will be used to evaluate your eligibility for various programs and opportunities. Pepperdine University may disclose some or all of the contact information you provide to third parties, such as sponsors or strategic partners. Please carefully review the Terms and Conditions before you begin the Qualifier Survey.
7. What if I am not looking for funding?
Insights from the Qualifier Report are valuable to any company. They offer a critical view of your business that you can utilize to help your company grow and thrive. For any company that is currently pre-series A, consider the alignment of your future fundraising plans with timing of the October announcement and the subsequent national exposure provided by making the list.
8. Can I nominate a company?
Yes! Share the survey within your network or portfolio of companies. We understand that advertising and PR are expensive and startup resources are limited. The value of potential brand exposure outweighs the time it takes to participate. Plus, every company that submits a Qualifier Survey receives a Qualifier Report that contains objective and customized feedback to improve their readiness for funding.
9. What if I still have questions?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Stage: Introductions and verification may include an on-site or remote interview and a background check. Pepperdine University, in its sole discretion, may choose not to publish a company for any reason it deems appropriate.
- The Pepperdine Most Fundable Companies List does not represent an offer to sell securities. It does not constitute investment advice, nor is it an endorsement of any particular product or service. Pepperdine University is not a broker-dealer and does not perform services provided by a broker-dealer, including but not limited to any financial or investment advising.
Start growing with unparalleled analysis today
Singleton Foundation for Financial Literacy & Entrepreneurship
George and Reva Graziadio Foundation
Anonymous • CFO Plans • StartEngine • TVA • Wealth Teams Alliance
Astrella • Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship & the Law • Startup Mavericks
Diversified Professional Coaching • Flying Point Industries • LAVA • Mecoy Communications • Netcapital •
Scherzer International • SoCal IP Law Group • Stubbs, Alderton, & Markiles
Business Rockstars • CoFounders Lab • Keiretsu Forum SoCal • Pismo Ventures
AWS Amazon Web Services • Christian Angel Investors • Connective • Crunchbase • Donna Griffit • Elevate My Brand • F6S • Global Talent Builders • HubSpot • Miller Law Partners • Neutrino Donut • Pitch Genius • Scroobious • Shoobx • Spark xyz • StartupStarter • Syndicate 708 • The Launch Box • Wefunder • WeTransact.Live • V3nture Works
As featured in:
smallbizdaily • Entrepreneur • GreenBiz • Invincible Media • KNX1070 • SecurityWeek • Los Angeles Business Journal • StartupNation