Master of Science in Human Resources
- Fall 2021 Deadlines
- Priority: November 30, 2020
- Standard: February 15, 2021
- Final: April 26, 2021
- Classes Begin: August 30, 2021
Become a Strategic, Values-based Human Resources Leader
The immersive, full-time Master of Science in Human Resources program introduces the foundational scopes of talent management to meet organizational objectives as a strategic business leader, guiding students to become strategic partners that understand how the human resources function supports business objectives. Offered in both a full-time or online format, students in our MS in Human Resources program, which covers both human resources and business disciplines, will earn a degree focused on leadership development, values-based change management, and the practical application of human resources theory to real-world scenarios.
- The only Masters of Science in Human Resource program from an AACSB accredited business school on the West Coast
- Classes are aligned with the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidelines
- Outstanding faculty with a unique combination of academic accomplishments and real-world industry experience
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Extensive networking opportunities with an alumni network of more than 40,000 professionals worldwide
- Internships available
- No GMAT/GRE required
- Offered in the Fall term
- MalibuCampus Location
- 2 yrsAvg. Work Experience
- GMATor GRE Not Required
- Online Option
If people are truly our greatest asset, then Human Resources becomes the most influential lever for organizational success."
What are the core learning objectives?
Five learning objectives are central to the MSHR curriculum:
- Develop strong working knowledge of core human resource management principles and practices
- Develop a foundation of knowledge of the basic business disciplines
- Develop competency in managing people and teams
- Increase self-awareness and personal understanding
- Increase multicultural competencies
Students in our Master of Science in Human Resources program will gain mastery of a full range of human capital management approaches through courses on job design, compensation, talent and performance management, and HR-specific classes on strategy law, analytics and digital-information platforms.
What happens in the Personal and Leadership Development Workshop?
The first session is a three-day intensive leadership and development workshop that helps socialize incoming students to our unique collaborative learning environment. Through the experiential nature of the workshop students build a cohesive learning team for the class group and explore the dynamics of interpersonal communication, personal ethics and values, and team development. The workshop is a residential experience, and participants are required to stay at the facility overnight.
Is the GMAT required for admission?
No. The GMAT or GRE is not required.
What is the MBA pathway opportunity?
An expedited path to the MS in Human Resources degree is available to Fully Employed MBA students or graduates, requiring as few as 31 units for completion. Up to 8 units of MS in Human Resources coursework may be waived for students who earned a grade of “B” or higher in the following FEMBA courses:
- BSCI 651 Behavior in Organizations (4)
- ACCT 652 Accounting Information and Control Systems (4)
- ECNM 657 Prices, Profit, and the Market Economy (4)
What are the SHRM HR Curriculum Guidelines?
To define a common set of parameters for HR education, The HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates were first published in 2006 by SHRM (The Society for Human Resource Management), the world’s largest HR professional society.
Based on extensive research, these guidelines were the result of a highly interactive, ongoing process involving academic communities and are revalidated every three to five years. They define the minimum HR content areas—commonly agreed-upon by academics, students, and HR practitioners—that should be included in an accredited Human Resources degree program.
Throughout the world, 371 programs in 277 educational institutions have been acknowledged by SHRM as being in alignment with its suggested guides and templates.
Can the internship be waived?
The internship can be waived based on HR or other significant work experience.