Master of Science in Applied Finance
- Fall 2021 Deadlines
- Priority: November 30, 2020
- Standard: February 15, 2021
- Final: April 26, 2021
- Term Starts: August 30, 2021
Accelerate Your Career in Finance with a STEM-designated Experiential Program
Unlike other degree programs in finance that concentrate almost exclusively on theoretical concepts, the Graziadio Master of Science in Applied Finance is STEM-designated and takes an experience-based approach to prepare students for a variety of finance-related careers. Whether you choose the 12- or 15-month program option, you will gain valuable skills and knowledge in relevant topics such as business valuation, equity analysis, financial accounting, and investment banking, while being mentored by industry-leading faculty.
By combining a strong conceptual foundation with extensive opportunities for the practical application of your learning, you will set yourself on a path toward a career in banking, risk management, asset and wealth management, project finance, and other in-demand fields. Our newly updated program curriculum also includes courses and topics that will help prepare you for the Chartered Financial Analyst exam.
- STEM-designated curriculum, allowing international students on F-1 visa the opportunity to apply for a 24-month extension of their optional practical training (OPT)
- Choice between two curriculum tracks for specialization in financial management or investments
- Access to Bloomberg Professional Services terminals on campus
- Optional fourth trimester internship practicum in order to apply learnings and gain additional experience prior to graduation
- Accelerated pathway to an MBA
- Preparation for Chartered Financial Analyst exam
- Outstanding faculty with a unique combination of academic accomplishments and industry experience
- Values-based curriculum focused on personal and professional growth
- Small class sizes providing a supportive learning environment and meaningful student-faculty interactions
- Extensive networking opportunities with an alumni network of more than 40,000 professionals worldwide
- Offered in the Fall and Spring terms
- MalibuCampus Location
- 36Month Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- MBAPathway Opportunity
- 2Curricular Track Options
How does the MBA pathway opportunity work?
Students who complete the MS in Applied Finance degree can apply and waive up to 20 units from the full-time core courses. This will allow MS in Applied Finance graduates to obtain an MBA degree by taking an additional 25 units of MBA core courses, a minimum of 16 units of additional MBA elective courses and a 0 unit Full-time internship for a total of 41 additional units.
Two years of post-undergraduate work experience is required.
What happens in the optional trimester?
In the optional trimester, students may enroll in a practicum course in order to apply their learning and gain additional experience prior to graduation. If a student decides to add this optional trimester, the program length will be a total of four trimesters.
Please note the following Practicum Requirements:
- Students must submit a petition to their Academic Advisor for consideration
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is required to participate
- The Practicum must be 14 weeks in length and full time work
Visit our academic catalog for more information.
Is there a GMAT waiver for the MS in Applied Finance program?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last five years is required for admission.
Use the following codes for score reporting:
When is the deadline to apply to the program?
The Master of Science in Applied Finance degree is offered two times a year in the Fall and Spring terms. To learn more about when to submit your application, view our list of deadlines.