Part-Time MBA Curriculum
The Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) curriculum consists of 52 semester units of coursework, which embraces rigorous, experience-driven learning that students can apply immediately to real business problems. Designed specifically for working business professionals, most class assignments require ongoing application of newly acquired knowledge and skills to the students' professional lives.
The program imparts a solid foundation of current business and management theory and practice, including an understanding of the impacts of globalization, competition, technological innovation, and ethics on the workplace. Students may also opt to specialize in a specific area of business by earning a concentration in their chosen field.
Students who choose the hybrid modality will experience a blend of online and in-person classroom sessions at the West Los Angeles Graduate Campus and will earn their degree with a general management concentration.
Learn more about how to achieve your career goals with the Pepperdine Graziadio Part-Time MBA program.
Part-Time MBA Core Program Objectives
- To develop fundamental knowledge in areas such as finance, marketing, accounting, economics, quantitative analysis, law, human behavior, information systems, management and leadership, and strategy.
- To develop the skills to analyze business situations in an integrated, multi-disciplinary way.
- To improve written and oral communication skills so that students can persuasively and professionally articulate their thinking.
- To understand team dynamics and gain self-awareness to enhance their effectiveness as managers and leaders of teams of people.
- To incorporate values and ethical conduct into decision-making.
Part-Time MBA Concentrations*
Customize your Part-Time MBA by completing an elective concentration. Each area of specialization requires 12 units of elective coursework. Students have the option of choosing from the following concentration studies:
*Available in on-campus format only
Global Business Requirement
All FEMBA students must complete at least two units of global business coursework by satisfying one of the following options:
- A one-week, two-unit Global Business Intensive Course hosted by partner schools abroad, led by a Graziadio Business School faculty member.
- One trimester of study abroad at a global partner business school.
- Summer school opportunities at a global partner business school.
- A one-week, two-unit residential Global Business Intensive Course hosted at Pepperdine University taught by a visiting professor from a global partner business school.
- A two-unit Going Global with Graziadio (G3) project.
- An appropriately scoped Global Business Directed Studies project.
- Any course listed under the global business concentration.