Part-Time MBA (FEMBA) Programs
- Fall 2020 Deadlines
- Priority: June 1, 2020
- Final: July 17, 2020
- Classes Begin: August 31, 2020
Pepperdine is still accepting applications. All on-campus courses have temporarily shifted to a virtual format. More information for prospective students
Elevate Your Career Potential With a Schedule That Complements Your Life
You don't have to put your career on hold to pursue an MBA. The Part-Time Master of Business Administration (FEMBA) is a flexible program designed for busy working professionals that focuses on transformational learning and people-first leadership. With no GMAT or GRE required for admission, a Pepperdine MBA equips you to upgrade your skills and redefine what’s possible for your life, and your career.
Our professors bring decades of real-world experience to each classroom, facilitating opportunities to test your insights in real time. Our experiential E2B program takes you beyond traditional case studies. In select classes, students work in competing teams to tackle multifaceted business challenges presented by pre-selected partner organizations. You’ll work directly with these companies, ranging from global powerhouses and regional brands to entrepreneurial startups.
Where and how you study is up to you. You can choose from our traditional, on-campus format that offers multiple academic concentrations at one of our four convenient Pepperdine campuses, or our flexible hybrid option, which is a blend of online and in-person classes available at our West Los Angeles campus. No matter which schedule or location is most convenient for you, you’ll receive our signature high-quality curriculum, personalized instruction, and the benefits of our large alumni network.
- Complete your program in as little as two years
- GMAT or GRE scores are not required for admission, however, test scores can be beneficial for scholarship consideration.
- Comprehensive curriculum delivered in small, collaborative classrooms
- Three term starts provide the opportunity to begin classes when your life and work schedules allow
- A choice of ten MBA concentrations tailored for specific careers and interests
- Outstanding faculty with a unique combination of academic accomplishments provide real-world industry experience
- High-impact experiential learning through the Education to Business (E2B) program
- Opportunity to gain hands-on global business experience with the Going Global with Graziadio (G3) program
- Four Pepperdine campus locations that foster networking and relationship building near where you live and work
- Opportunity to combine in-person and online learning with a hybrid format at our West LA campus
- Extensive networking opportunities with an alumni network of more than 40,000 professionals worldwide
Part-Time MBA Tuition
Prospective students for the Part-Time MBA program can expect to pay a tuition cost of $67,380* after merit awards. Without merit awards, the cost of tuition is $94,380. For more information about financing your degree, please contact our Office of Financial Aid (email).
|2019-20 academic year tuition||$94,380|
|Average merit award reduction||-$27,000|
|*Total tuition with merit award||$67,380|
*Estimated tuition is based on the average merit award. Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 or above.
How long is the Part-Time MBA program?
The Pepperdine Part-Time MBA program can be completed in 24 months of continuous study, taking a minimum of 8 units of coursework per trimester plus additional workshops over four weekends.
However, students have the flexibility of completing the Part-Time MBA program over a longer period (up to a maximum of seven years) by taking fewer units per trimester, according to their work and personal commitments.
Do you require prerequisite courses for the MBA program?
Pepperdine does not require prerequisite courses to qualify for the program. However, you do need to meet the admissions requirements to be considered for admission.
Does Pepperdine require a GMAT/GRE score for the Part-Time MBA?
GMAT or GRE scores are not required for admission, however, test scores can be beneficial for scholarship consideration.
Are Pepperdine University and the Graziadio Business School ranked?
Yes, please view our rankings and awards for more information.
Does the Pepperdine Part-Time MBA program offer concentrations?
Yes, we offer 10 different areas of concentration for our Part-Time MBA students. 12 units of study can be allocated to your selected concentration. You can also opt to have a general MBA without a specific area of interest.
Do I need to take classes at the Malibu Campus?
All program courses are offered at the four graduate locations; however, some elective courses in our Dispute Resolution concentration are taken at our Strauss Institute on our Malibu Campus. Our law school Dispute Resolution program has been ranked #1 in the country.
Where are the other Part-Time MBA campuses located?
The Pepperdine Graziadio Business School holds Part-Time MBA courses on our campuses in West L.A., Calabasas, Irvine, and Encino.
What is the Part-Time Hybrid MBA program?
The Part-Time Hybrid MBA encompasses face-to-face and online learning. The courses are taught by Graziadio faculty who have experience leveraging both modalities of instruction to create an optimal learning environment. In each course there will be face-to-face sessions coupled with live, synchronous online sessions.
What is the difference between the On-Campus and Hybrid Part-Time MBA program?
- The on-campus program offers students the flexibility to take courses at our four regional campus locations (West LA, Irvine, Encino, and Calabasas). It is designed for students who prefer to take courses in-person and would like access to a wide range of concentrations.
- The hybrid program allows students who would like to have face-to-face instruction while limiting the need to commute to campus every week. The program is located centrally in Southern California at our West LA graduate campus. In addition, students will take elective courses from a number of academic disciplines that lead to a general business management concentration.
How many years of full-time work experience do I need to qualify for the program?
A minimum of two years of professional full-time work experience is required.
Do I have to start the program in the Fall?
No, you can commence our Part-Time MBA at the start of any of our three trimesters – Spring, Summer, or Fall.
Are there any scholarships available for the Part-Time MBA?
Yes, we offer merit-based and need-based scholarships to qualified applicants. GMAT/GRE scores are required for any scholarship consideration. Please contact us to see if you might be eligible.
In addition, we offer a "refer a student" scholarship to new students who are referred by a Graziadio alumnus or current student, or friend of the school.
Will my diploma say "evening program" or "extension campus"?
No, our degrees are full-fledged Master of Business Administration and Master of Science degrees in Business Management from Pepperdine University.