One Week and Multi-Week Abroad
Spend a week or more expanding your global business savvy through a combination of classroom learning, company visits, and enriching cultural activities. You'll benefit from the expertise of distinguished faculty and internationally recognized experts and return with a grasp of the international marketplace that only experience can impart.
Earn Academic Credit
Students may choose to receive academic credit for completing the one-week or multi-week Global Business Intensive Course programs. Students will receive a grade when the course is taken for credit. If you take the course for "no credit" it WILL NOT fulfill your global requirement.
- Fully Employed MBA/MBAJ Students − 2 units of elective credit (up to 4 credits).
Courses offered abroad: Credits may be awarded to students with concentrations in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change, Global Business, Marketing, or General Management. Students with concentrations in Digital Innovation and Information Systems (DIIS) may take a DIIS-content-related course or submit a final paper in the area of DIIS with prior approval of the DIIS chair if a specific DIIS-content-related trip is not available.
Students with concentrations in Business Analytics (AA) may take a AA-content related course or submit a final paper in the areas of AA with prior approval of the AA chair if a specific AA-content-related trip is not available.
Courses offered in the U.S.: Credits may be awarded to students with a concentration in General Management only. The U.S. course will fulfill the global requirement.
- BSM Students − 2 units of credit for Contemporary Business Issues (up to 4 credits)
- MSML Students − 2 units of credit in lieu of OTMT 671 Cross-Cultural Management
- MSAF Students − 2 units of general elective credit awarded only for the courses offered in the U.S.
- Full-time Students − Students should consult their academic advisor for questions regarding academic credit for the one-week or multi-week Global Business Intensive Course programs.
If you take a Global Business Intensive Course during your final trimester, please note how the course schedule will affect your graduation date:
- For Global Business Intensive Courses offered in April, you will be enrolled in the Spring trimester, and your earliest graduation date will be in August.
- For Global Business Intensive Courses offered in December, you will be enrolled in the Fall trimester, and your earliest graduation date will be in April.
Any Graziadio School student in good academic standing and all Graziadio alumni are eligible to participate in the one-week abroad Global Business Intensive Courses.