Cyber Risk Professional Certification
Protect Against the Growing Risks of Cybercrime
Become the driving force against the accelerating problem of potential cyber threats in your organization; earn the Cyber Risk Professional (CyRP) Certificate. Regardless of industry or technical background, CyRP will prepare business leaders to effectively identify, evaluate, prepare for and mitigate cybersecurity threats. The program highlights include:
- CyRP is designed and taught by Pepperdine faculty and an interdisciplinary board of CISOs, executives and business thought leaders
- Four comprehensive online course modules
- The certificate is equivalent to four continuing education credits
Anytime, anywhere. Our program offers affordable access to the essential skills business leaders need to have regarding Cyber Risk in their organization. This four-week program includes two-days in-person and four weeks online. In addition to the following:
- Active learning sessions in evaluating risk and cybersecurity investments
- Live webinars to learn how to successfully facilitate change within their organization
- Access to relevant online resources, curated materials and readings
- Real-time virtual networking sessions with industry experts and risk management executives
Participants will also attend (in-person) the start session and networking dinner, r to connect with industry experts, classmates, and our world renowned faculty. In addition to the full-day experiential.
Certificate Program Information
Program Dates *
Spring 2020: TBA
Hybrid: The program will kick off with a one and a half day in-person session at the West Los Angeles Graduate Campus, with the remainder of the program held online.
West Los Angeles Graduate Campus
6100 Center Drive, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Investment: Cost is per participant and includes all program materials and meals for the in-person session start at the beginning of the program. General registration discounts are available for Pepperdine students, alumni, veterans, and previous Executive Education program participants. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
*Dates and locations may change. We will notify participants of any changes in a timely manner.
Each module completion receives a LinkedIn badge with a final certification at the end that is directly connected to your profile and immediately recognized online.
- Module 1: Seeing the Big Picture – Online
Students are equipped with fundamental knowledge of the threat landscape as well as the legal ramifications that go with it. Simulations included highlight how to make smart, informed security investments.
- Module 2: Designing the Agile Enterprise – Online or In-Person
Learn how to design or "build to break" an agile enterprise architecture, both conceptually and technologically. This module will help to make wiser decisions when considering cyber risks.
- Module 3: Securing Your Environment – Online
Develop an understanding of cyber risk frameworks and take a risk-based approach to apply digital initiatives. This module introduces how to recognize, evaluate and mitigate the key risks to business information systems and effectively communicate cyber risk.
- Module 4: Detecting the Bad Guys – Online or In-Person
Assess risk and learn how to anticipate and respond to security breaches through User Behavior Analytics (UBA). Tabletop exercises are included to see how well students can detect the "bad guys."
- IT professionals who wish to build their capabilities in cyber security
- Business leaders hoping to reduce cyber liability premiums
- Executives who are interested in positioning their companies more effectively for top-line growth while protecting their bottom-line against cyber risk
- Business leaders in any function or industry that need to be effective in the dialogue and management of cyber risk inside their organization.
- Business leaders in any function or industry that use digital systems to accomplish strategic objectives for their businesses
26750 Agoura Road, Ste. 118
Calabasas, CA 91302