Cyber Risk Professional Certification
Protect Against the Growing Risks of Cybercrime
Become the driving force against the accelerating problem of potential cyber threats in your organization; earn the Cyber Risk Professional (CyRP) Certificate. Regardless of industry or technical background, CyRP will prepare business leaders to effectively identify, evaluate, prepare for and mitigate cybersecurity threats. The program highlights include:
- CyRP is designed and taught by Pepperdine faculty and an interdisciplinary board of CISOs, executives and business thought leaders
- Four comprehensive online course modules
- The certificate is equivalent to four continuing education credits
This course is designed to provide you with the tools you need to evaluate and mitigate risk including managing a remote workforce. We know our organizations have forever changed because of COVID-19 and remote work will continue to become the norm. What should we do to make working from home safe for our businesses and families? What questions should executives and boards ask? How can we better navigate this new digitally transformed workplace?
Anytime, anywhere. Our program offers affordable access to the essential skills business leaders need to have regarding Cyber Risk in their organization, particularly with a remote work force. This four-week online hybrid program includes a two-day in person experiential session, inclusive of a networking dinner, to connect industry experts, classmates, and our world renowned faculty. In addition, participants will receive the following:
- Active learning sessions in evaluating risk and cybersecurity investments
- Live webinars to learn how to successfully facilitate change within their organization
- Access to relevant online resources, curated materials and readings
- Real-time virtual networking sessions with industry experts and risk management executives
Certificate Program Information
Summer 2022 - TBA
Recommended Self-Paced Schedule*
Module 1 - Week One
Experiential Session - Week One
Module 2-3 - Week Two
Module 3-4 - Week Two and Three
Final Company or Individual Project - Week Three
General registration discounts are available for Pepperdine students, alumni, veterans, and previous Executive Education program participants. Please click "Learn More" or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
*Dates and locations may change. We will notify participants of any changes in a timely manner.
Each module completion receives a LinkedIn badge with a final certification at the end that is directly connected to your profile and immediately recognized online.
- Module 1: Seeing the Big Picture
Students are equipped with fundamental knowledge of the threat landscape as well as the legal ramifications that go with it. Simulations included highlight how to make smart, informed security investments.
- Module 2: Designing the Agile Enterprise
Learn how to design or "build to break" an agile enterprise architecture, both conceptually and technologically. This module will help to make wiser decisions when considering cyber risks.
- Module 3: Securing Your Environment
Develop an understanding of cyber risk frameworks and take a risk-based approach to apply digital initiatives. This module introduces how to recognize, evaluate and mitigate the key risks to business information systems and effectively communicate cyber risk.
- Module 4: Detecting the Bad Guys
Assess risk and learn how to anticipate and respond to security breaches through User Behavior Analytics (UBA). Tabletop exercises are included to see how well students can detect the "bad guys."
- IT professionals who wish to build their capabilities in cyber security
- Business leaders hoping to reduce cyber liability premiums
- Executives who are interested in positioning their companies more effectively for top-line growth while protecting their bottom-line against cyber risk
- Business leaders in any function or industry that need to be effective in the dialogue and management of cyber risk inside their organization.
- Business leaders in any function or industry that use digital systems to accomplish strategic objectives for their businesses
Office of Executive Education
Graziadio Business School
6100 Center Drive, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90045