In the News
On the final episode of 2021, 'Break Through' host and FARE Chief Executive Officer Lisa Gable is joined by Bernice Ledbetter, Dean of Students and Alumni Affairs at the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School.
- Moderator and speaker for International Women's Day at AEG - March 8, 2019
- Leadership California Legacy of Leadership Trailblazer Award, 2019
- Commentary Los Angeles Business Journal “Women on Boards Will Prove Good for All” October 12, 2018
- U.S. News and World Report “How to Identify MBA Programs That Emphasize Ethics” September 27, 2018
- NPR KCRW’s “Press Play with Madeleine Brand” “Women Board of Directors Bill” August 31, 2018
- Business Newswire “New Survey Reveals Equal Pay the Biggest Challenge Facing Women in Commercial Real Estate” June 27, 2018
- "Change the Equation: Become a Best for the World Leader, Today, not Tomorrow" California Association of Realtors Women's Conference, Pasadena, CA, 2017.
- California Women's Conference, "Today not Tomorrow"
- Reuters “Fired Google Memo Writer Draws Jeers, Cheers and A Job Offer. Business Insider August 8, 2017
- LA Times “Uber Won’t Name And Shame the Alleged Harassers It Fired, But It Doesn't Have To” June 7, 2017
- Op-Ed Los Angeles Business Journal “Why Can’t Women Jump?” June 5, 2017.
- LA Times “Uber Sexual Harassment Allegations Are A Warning for the Tech Industry and Its 'Rock Star' Culture” February 21, 2017
- "Leadership is Ours to Win", ESPN, Bristol, CT 2016.
- The LA Business Journal hosted the Annual Los Angeles Women's Summit where Dr. Bernice Ledbetter was among the nominees. Attendees had the opportunity to network and be inspired by local female executives.
- Bernice Ledbetter, EdD, practitioner faculty in organizational theory and management, was honored with the Faculty Member Award at the 2016 George Awards. Dr. Ledbetter was instrumental in establishing the groundbreaking Center for Women in Leadership, which educates and empowers the women of Pepperdine through mentoring, skills development, research, and contribution to an ongoing dialogue.
- Winners of the Pepperdine Waves of Innovation II are announced at the Waves of Innovation Talks. The Center for Women in Leadership is among the grant recipients.
LA Times: Bernice Ledbetter Turns Women into Leaders by Ronald White (2015)
LA Times media quote: Sharing Her Grief, Sheryl Sandberg Becomes More Powerful Role Model (2015)
- As part of the AEG Leadership Speaker Series, Dr. Ledbetter shared her insights on leadership development, work-life balance, and more. We'll post the video soon, so please check back!
Los Angeles Business Journal: Dr. Bernice Ledbetter says that the mission and values of B Corporations (those that consider the greater good of their employees, the environment and other factors) have an advantage in attracting top talent.
Los Angeles Business Journal: Dr. Bernice Ledbetter joined an esteem panel of LABJ keynote speakers at the 2015 Women Making a Difference Awards.
2014 Volume 17 Issue 3: In the Graziadio Business Review, a peer-reviewed journal for the Pepperdine University Graziadio Business School, Dr. Bernice Ledbetter writes about A Values Approach to Advancing Women in Leadership.