Joint BSM and MBA (MBAJ)
- Spring 2020 Deadline
- November 15, 2019
Undergraduate Business Programs
Graduates of our Bachelor of Science in Management (BSM) degree completion program can expand their knowledge base in business, build critical thinking skills, and enhance their effectiveness as values-centered leaders through our expedited Master of Business Administration (MBA) MBAJ Program. Designed for working professionals, the MBAJ program builds upon the foundation of our BSM program by providing students with the opportunity to explore key business topics in greater depth. Our MBAJ program also requires participation in one of our global intensive programs, facilitating exploration of international locations, cultures, and businesses.
The Joint BSM/MBA program allows students to choose among ten elective concentrations: Applied Analytics, Digital Innovation and Information Systems, Dispute Resolution, Entertainment, Media, and Sports Management, Entrepreneurship Finance, General Management, Global Business, Leadership and Managing Organizational Change, Marketing. Upon completion of the BSM program requirements, students may earn an MBA with as few as 30 units, rather than the standard 52 required units.
- 3-4Year Program
- 3.4BSM GPA Required
- 4Campus Locations
- GMATor GRE Not Required
How many units are required?
Graduates of the Graziadio Bachelor of Science in Management (BSM) Program who meet other eligibility criteria have the unique opportunity to complete the MBA degree on an accelerated basis through the MBAJ Program. As compared to the standard 52-unit requirement for the MBA, the MBAJ Program may be completed in as few as 30 units. The exact unit requirement for each student will vary, according to the number of qualifying courses/units fulfilled in completing the BSM. In meeting the minimum 30-unit requirement for the MBAJ, students must complete the following:
- 4 to 8 units of MBA core courses corresponding to the selected concentration
- PGBS 670J
- STGY 659
- 12 units of MBA electives in a concentration area
- 5 to 13 units of additional MBA electives
Are all BSM students eligible for the program?
Content mastery is demonstrated by having earned grades of “B” or better in each BSM course to be applied toward waiving the corresponding content at the MBA level. Students not having achieved the minimum “B” grade in the applicable BSM coursework will be required to complete the equivalent MBA-level course in addition to the standard MBAJ course/unit requirements.
How many units do I take per term?
As the MBAJ Program is designed for working professionals, students are typically limited to 10 units of coursework per trimester. This limit pertains to students in good standing; additional unit restrictions may apply to students on academic probation.
Is there a global requirement?
All MBAJ students must complete at least 2 units of global business course work by satisfying one of the following options:
- A one-week, 2-unit Global Business Intensive course hosted by partner schools abroad, led by a Graziadio School faculty member.
- One trimester Study Abroad at a global partner business school.
- Summer school opportunities at a global partner business school.
- A one-week, 2-unit residential Global Business Intensive course hosted at Pepperdine University taught by a visiting professor from a global partner business school.
- A 2-unit Going Global with Graziadio (G3) project.
- An appropriately scoped Global Business Directed Instruction project.