Part-Time MBA Entertainment, Media, and Sports Management
As a result of the explosion in digital technologies such as high-speed, high-bandwidth, low-cost internet connectivity and smart mobile devices, the digitization of entertainment and media is causing a major revolution in the ways in which society consumes media and experiences entertainment. In turn, this revolution is driving a major transformation of traditional media and entertainment firms, enabling the emergence of new technology-based players and the creation of new high-growth sectors such as gaming and eSports.
Together, this radical transformation is creating a need for a new generation of managers and executives who can be effective leaders and responsible managers of this critical sector of the LA-area economy. Taught by expert faculty and industry scholars, our Entertainment, Media, and Sports Management concentration courses will equip students with the knowledge to be insightful strategists, creative innovators, and effective operational managers.
Learn more about how to achieve your career goals with the Pepperdine Graziadio Part-Time MBA program.
Students must complete at least 12-units of approved Entertainment, Media, and Sports Management courses, including the following five required electives:
- DESC 660 Entertainment, Media, and Sports Analytics (2)
- FINC 661 Entertainment and Media Finance (2)
- ISTM 621 Digital Media and Entertainment (2)
- LEGL 662 Law, Intellectual Property, and Ethics for Entertainment, Media, and Sports (2)
- MKTG 672 Entertainment, Media, and Sports Brand and Audience Development (2)
Choose at least one of the following:
- ENTR 623 Creating a New Business Opportunity (3) or ENTR 661 Entrepreneurship and the Generation of New Venture Ideas (2)
- OTMT 663 Entertainment, Media, and Sports Talent Management and Representation (2)
- PGBS 670Y Education to Business (2) for an entertainment, media, and sports client organization
- PGBS 693 Global Business Intensive (1-4) (2-units required) or PGBS 694 G3: Going Global with Graziadio - Global Business Development Practicum (2) with content that focuses on the globalization of the entertainment, media, and sports industries
- A 2-unit entertainment, media, or sports related graduate course at another Pepperdine school approved by the FEMBA/FTMBA Academic Director.
Students can choose one of two options to satisfy the global business requirement:
- Complete ISTM 621 Digital Media and Entertainment (2).
- Complete PGBS 693 Global Business Intensive (1-4) (2 units required) or PGBS 694 G3: Going Global with Graziadio - Global Business Development Practicum (2).
Visit our Academic Catalog for detailed course descriptions: