Creative Ways to Fund Your Next Academic Journey
With today’s job market teeming towards higher levels of uncertainty, it is an opportune time to consider investing in yourself and your future career potential with a graduate degree. However, funding your next academic journey can be initially poised as an inherently difficult task, especially in times of volatile economic markets. So then the question becomes, "How can I afford to pay for this?" Funding your MBA is not as daunting as it seems – we've put together some available resources you can use to reach your educational goals at the price that fits your budget.
At the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School, we're dedicated to providing our current and prospective students with various financial aid options. From merit-based scholarships to private loans, we work with every student individually to find the best solution. However, do you truly know about ALL of the available types of financial aid offered? Whether you answered yes or no, below is a list of some of the many beneficial resources available to students looking for an economical way to fund their degree.
Resources to Help Fund Your Business Degree
- Scholarship Search Engine: Collegeboard: The Scholarship Search Engine is a free resource provided by Collegeboard that allows you to find specific scholarships, financial aid, and internships catered directly to your search criteria.
- FinAid: This site provides a thorough guide to different financial aid resources including scholarships, loans, savings, military benefits, financial aid calculators, and more.
- Fastweb: One of the leading online resources for connecting you with scholarships, Fastweb is dedicated to helping students pay for school through targeted scholarships and financial aid options. They also connect students with the best academic institutions based on their criteria.
- Scholly App: Scholly is a student success platform created to help students with all of their collegiate needs, including personalized scholarship searches and writing and math assistance powered by artificial intelligence tools. Scholly is committed to helping students in every part of their journey.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: Focused on providing extensive resources to as many exceptional students as possible, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund has awarded over $500 million in scholarships since 1975.
- Prospanica - The Association of Hispanic Professionals: Focused on providing extensive resources to as many exceptional students as possible, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund has awarded over $500 million in scholarships since 1975.
- Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans: Established by philanthropists Paul and Daisy Soros, their Fellowships for New Americans program was established to honor America’s immigrant experience and provide resources to immigrants in their pursuit of an education.
- AAUW - American Association of University Women: Fighting for gender equity and economic security, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has been one of the largest funders of women’s graduate education.
- UNCF - United Negro College Fund: The UNCF manages multiple scholarships, programs, internships, and fellowships. Each program has its own specific eligibility criteria, helping students receive aid across various categories.