Steve Ralph, EdD
Dr. Steve Ralph serves as a faculty member with Pepperdine University’s Graziadio Business School, where he teaches courses in creativity and innovation, leadership, and team dynamics. Dr. Ralph’s research interests are centered in creativity and innovation, with special focus in personal disruption, leadership development, pause practices and the impact of exponential technology.
Dr. Ralph’s consulting practice focuses on delivering customized workshops and retreats for organizations, applying his expertise in fostering ingenuity within individuals and teams, building innovative organizational cultures and utilizing the creative problem-solving process. He is the founder and director of the international creativity and social innovation conference, EPIC International Summit, which has been recognized as one of the top 10 most innovative meetings in North America (BizBash, 2019) and has featured leaders from organizations such as Disney, NASA/JPL, Lionsgate and award-winning actors, entrepreneurs and educators. He is also a certified facilitator in the FourSight Thinking Assessment and a certified LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methods facilitator. Dr. Ralph’s professional background has also included business development and corporate relations roles in higher education, entertainment and non-profit industries.
Dr. Ralph holds a doctorate in organizational leadership from Pepperdine University. He is a frequent speaker at international creativity conferences and is an active member of the Creative Education Foundation.
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
Master of Arts in Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Creative Problem Solving Institute (2019, June). Presented at the 65rd Annual Conference, Buffalo, NY USA “Creativity in the Age of Technology Overload”
- Strategic Play Unconference (2018, October). Presented at 4th Annual Conference, Whistler, Canada “The Pause Effect”
- Creative Problem Solving Institute (2018, June). Presented at the 64rd Annual Conference, Buffalo, NY USA “Dare to Disrupt”
- Creative Problem Solving Institute (2017, June). Presented at the 63rd Annual Conference, Buffalo, NY USA “Deep Dive Disruption”
- Creative Problem Solving Institute (2016, June). Presented at 62nd Annual Conference, Buffalo, NY USA “May the Disruptive Force Be With You: Personal Disruption for Greater Creativity & Innovation”
- Pepperdine University Research and Project Symposium (2016, June). Presented at 2nd Annual Symposium, Malibu, CA USA “Creativity in the Crossfire: Exploring Your Innovative Potential in Today’s Complex World”
- Pepperdine University Research and Project Symposium (2016, June). Presented at 2nd Annual Symposium, Malibu, CA USA “The Future of Work and Learning: Are we prepared?”
- Creative Problem Solving Institute (2015, June). Presented at 61st Annual Conference, Buffalo, NY USA “The Pause Effect: A Catalyst for Creativity”
- American Creativity Association (2014, September). Presented at 2014 World Conference, Philadelphia, PA USA “Pausing For Innovation: Exploring How Purposeful Pause Can Ignite Creativity”
Creativity and Innovation
OTMT 670: Advanced Principles of Organizations and Leadership
OTMT 672: Organizational Dynamics and Managing Change
OTMT 673: Managing Creativity and Innovation
OTMT 678: Managerial Creativity and Innovation for Leadership
BSCI 617: Creating and Leading Teams
PGBS 484: Contemporary Business Issues