Gia Honnen-Weisdorn, JD, LLM, MBA
Gia Honnen Weisdorn is a practicing attorney with the Law Offices of Gia Honnen Weisdorn, a firm with clients in the fields of entertainment, the Internet, biotechnology, and technology, among others. Since 2001, Professor Weisdorn has taught business law, eLaw, international law and negotiations at the Graziadio Business School. She has taught in each of the Graziadio School's MBA programs as well as in its undergraduate program. She began her legal career as a labor lawyer with a major California law firm. She is the former general counsel for two public companies, where in each case she was responsible for supervising all legal matters pertaining to the company. She served for several years as a staff theatrical production attorney for a major motion picture studio. Professor Weisdorn is a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar honors graduate of Columbia Law School (LL.M.) and graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law (JD). She holds an MBA with a finance concentration from Pepperdine University.
- Columbia University, Master of Laws
University Of San Diego, Juris Doctor
Pepperdine Graziadio Business School, Master of Business Administration
University Of San Diego, Bachelor of the Arts
- Honnen, Gia L. , Casenote, Continental Casualty Co. v. Robsac Indus., San Diego Law Review , Vol. 29, No. 2 (Weisdorn, 1992).
- Weisdorn, Gia H., Linnea B. McCord and Melanie Stallings Williams, Directors' and Officers' Insurance: Don't Leave Home Without It!, The State Bar of California Business Law News, Issue 1 (2006).
- If the world were ruled by women...: exploring the rise of self-made chinese women capitalizing on the transformational leadership style that has so far eluded their American counterparts. - Journal of International Management Studies (2017).
- Bullying Before Sexual Harassment: While sexual harassment makes larger headlines, workplace bullying can be just as detrimental to employees and the company for which they work - Graziadio Business Review (2019).
- Think “It’s Unethical But Legal”? Executive Pay in the Crosshairs - International Journal of the Academic Business World (2017).
- Still Think “It’s Unethical, But Legal? Executive Pay in the Crosshairs: 2018 Update - Journal of Applied Financial Research (2018).
- Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance Coverage in the Age of Scandal - Graziadio Business Review (2005).
- A No Fault Approach to Recouping Executive Compensation - Graziadio Business Review (2012).
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School
Magna Cum Laude, University of San Diego School of Law
American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Corporations
Gia Honnen Weisdorn and Linnea Bernard McCord, The New Federal Attorney Professional Conduct Rules: The SEC's Implementation of Section 307 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 & Implications for California Attorneys, presented at Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Annual Conference, Palm Springs (February 2003).
Linnea Bernard McCord and Gia H. Weisdorn, Recent Developments in Employment Law, presented at Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies Annual Conference, Palm Springs (February 2002).
Linnea Bernard McCord, Gia Honnen Weisdorn, Kim Greenhalgh, Abolishing Workplace Bullying: The New Civil Rights Law for the 21st Century, presented at Academy of Legal Studies in Business National Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico (August 2001)
Graziadio Business Review
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Corporate Law/Governance
- Current Research or Projects