Dongshin Kim, PhD
Dongshin Kim earned a BS in Engineering and an MS in Finance from Seoul National University. He also received an MS and a PhD in Real Estate from Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. Dr. Kim's research focus is in the areas of commercial real estate, mortgages, real estate investment trusts and housing economics. His research work has appeared in premier real estate journals including Real Estate Economics and Journal of Real Estate Research. His research have been presented at American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association and the American Real Estate Society. He is a member of the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association and the American Real Estate Society.
Dr. Kim has over nine years work experience in industry. He has worked as a senior programming engineer with a start-up venture software company (FORCS Co., LTD). He has worked in real estate (Korea Land & Housing Corporation) where he managed investment trusts and development projects. Before joining Pepperdine University, he was a teaching assistant and an instructor at Georgia State University. There, he taught undergraduate and graduate students including real estate principles and real estate finance and mortgage banking.
- Seoul National University, Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Seoul National University, Master of Science in Finance
- Georgia State University, Master of Science in Real Estate
- Georgia State University, Doctor of Philosophy, Real Estate
- Dongshin Kim, Youngme Seo and Julia Freybote, “Urbanity, Financial Crisis and the Timing of Homebuying Decisions by Young Households”, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (forthcoming).
- Kenneth W. Soyeh, Dongshin Kim and Frank Gyamfi, “The Role of Debt in REITs Equity Issuance at Discount to Net Asset Values (NAVs)”, Journal of Real Estate Research (forthcoming).
- Daniel Huerta-Sanchez, Mohammad Jafarinejad, Dongshin Kim and Kenneth Soyeh, “Disentangling Bubbles in Equity REITs”, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance (forthcoming).
- Dongshin Kim, Sangin Lee and Sunghoon Kwon, “A Unified Algorithm for the Non-convex Penalized Estimation: The ncpen package”, R Journal (forthcoming).
- Seungha Um, Dongshin Kim, Sangin Lee and Sunghoon Kwon, “On the Strong Oracle Property of Concave Penalized Estimators with Infinite Penalty Derivative at the Origin”, Journal of the Korean Statistical Society (forthcoming).
- Sunghoon Kwon, Dongshin Kim and Sangin Lee, “An Efficient Algorithm for the Non-convex Penalized Multinomial Logistic Regression”, 2020, Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods.
- Dongshin Kim and Jonathan A. Wiley, “NAV Premiums & REIT Property Transactions”, 2019, Real Estate Economics.
- Maretno A. Harjoto, Dongshin Kim, Indrarini Laksmana and Rick Walton, “Corporate Social Responsibility and Stock Split”, 2019, Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting.
- Hanwool Jang, Kwangwon Ahn, Dongshin Kim and SongYena Song, “Detection and Prediction of House Price Bubbles: Evidence from a New City”, 2018, Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Dongshin Kim and Alan J. Ziobrowski, “The Borrower’s Perceived Risk in Mortgage Choice”, 2016, Real Estate Economics.
- Dongshin Kim, Alan J. Ziobrowski and Seungwoo Shin, “Redefaults of Modified Loans: Can Principal Reduction Be an Alternative?”, 2015, Journal of the Korea Real Estate Analysts Association.
- Jonathan A. Wiley, Yu Liu, Dongshin Kim and Tom Springer, “The Commercial Office Market and the Markup for Full Service Leases”, 2014, Journal of Real Estate Research.
Julian Virtue Professorship, Graziadio Business School, 2016.
Dissertation Grant & William M. Suttles Fellowship, Robinson College of Business, GSU, 2016
GTA Teaching Excellence Award, Robinson College of Business, GSU, 2015.