Brandon Parsons, PhD, MBA
Dr. Parsons has over 20 years of business experience working in a range of industries. Dr. Parsons started his professional career working for McKenna Long & Aldridge, now Dentons. He worked on litigation, corporate, and anti-dumping cases. Subsequently, Dr. Parsons became the managing director at a division of Adecco Staffing. After his time with Adecco, he worked for Caterpillar Financial in Nashville, Tennessee.
Dr. Parsons began teaching economics in 2014 and currently teaches at the graduate and undergraduate level at Pepperdine’s Graziadio Business School. Professor Parsons teaches managerial economics, macroeconomics, and international business. Dr. Parsons’ area of research includes income inequality and corruption's effect on economic growth. He received his BA from University of Southern Indiana, MBA from Pepperdine, and his MA from University of Detroit Mercy. Dr. Parsons completed his PhD in Economics at Southern Miss. Dr. Parsons is an avid traveler having visited over forty countries and every continent.
PhD, University of Southern Mississippi, Economics
MA, University of Detroit Mercy Detroit, Economics
MBA, Pepperdine University, Finance
Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society Membership, BS, University of Southern Indiana Evansville
Political Science/History, Alpha Chi and Golden Key National Honor Society Membership
- Parsons, B. and Naghshpour, S. (2022). Government Stability, Conflict, and the Gini Coefficient. Journal of Business & Economic Policy. 9(3).
- Parsons, B., Dissertation Defense, "Panel Data Analysis of Determinants of Gini Coefficient," University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS. (November 20, 2020).
- Parsons, B. (Presenter & Author), Naghshpour, S. (Author Only), "Panel Data Analysis on Income Tax and Gini Coefficient," International Atlantic Economics Society. (October 9, 2021)
- Parsons, B. (Presenter & Author), Naghshpour, S. (Author Only), "Ethnic Fractionalization, Ethnic Tension, Religious Tension and the Gini Coefficient," National Business and Economics Society Conference. (March 3, 2022)
- Parsons, B. and Naghshpour, S. (2022). “Panel Data Analysis on Income Tax Progressivity and Gini Coefficient” Journal of Applied Business and Economics. 2022:24(2).
- Parsons, B. and Naghshpour, S. (2022). “Corruption and the Gini Coefficient” Journal of Social, Political, and Economic Studies. 2022.
- Parsons, B. (2022). Corporate Tax Rate and the Gini Coefficient: A Cross-National Study. International Journal of Applied Economics. 19(2).