Certificate in Private Capital Markets
Demystify Capital Markets and Learn from Industry Experts on How to Secure Private Equity Investment
The Certificate in Private Capital Markets program provides the critical analysis and evaluation skills needed for tackling today’s complex capital markets. By learning how to make better investment decisions and financing deals, students can, in turn, provide leadership solutions that will drive organizational growth and advance their careers. Additional program takeaways include:
- The certificate qualifies as continuing education credit for CPAs licensed in California. Learning how to secure Private Equity Investments.
- The program is taught by Pepperdine faculty and industry leaders.
- Learn about and perform an in-depth analysis of the major capital sources in the private markets: angel investments, venture capital, mezzanine, private equity, bank loans, asset-backed loans, and factoring lines.
- Study how capital providers evaluate risk and how they determine who qualifies for capital and from what source.
- Learn how capital providers value private businesses and how business owners can operate to increase their valuation.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the major sources of capital.
- Employ the private cost of capital (PCOC) model to estimate cost of capital for privately-held companies. Emphasis is on utilizing the Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project survey data.
Fall 2018: October 22-24, 2018
Spring 2019: February 18-20, 2019
Fall 2019: October 14-16, 2019
Pepperdine University, Drescher Graduate Campus
Villa Graziadio Executive Center
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263
- Cost is per participant and includes program materials and meals (breakfast and lunch, unless otherwise noted).
- General registration discounts are available for Pepperdine students and alumni and previous Executive Education program participants. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- On-site lodging is available at the Villa Graziadio Executive Center. To reserve a room, call 310.506.1100 and mention "CIPCM."
*Dates and locations may change. We will notify students of any changes in a timely manner.
Who Should Enroll
The Certificate in Private Capital Markets is designed for:
- Business owners, consultants, lawyers and mid-to-senior level executives that are responsible for securing private capital investment for their organization
- Business and financial professionals interested in gaining the knowledge, skills, and insights needed to succeed in the Private Capital Markets industry
Participant Profiles: 65% - C-Level, Owner, Founder; 15% - Senior Management; 25% - Middle Management
Participant Industries: Private Capital Markets/Financing, Commercial Lending, Wealth Management
General Management, Management Consulting
Craig Everett, PhD
Assistant Professor of Finance, Director of Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project
In addition to distinguished faculty, students will also benefit and learn from industry experts.
Craig R. Everett is an assistant professor of finance at Pepperdine University's Graziadio Business School and director of the Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project. His teaching and research interests include entrepreneurial finance, private capital markets, business valuation and behavioral corporate finance.
The speakers were excellent and the content was fast-paced and relevant. I found this class to be of higher quality and greater value than courses I’ve attended at some of the country’s most prestigious business schools.
President & Founder, Strategy Masters; Certificate in Private Capital Markets Program Participant (Fall 2016)