Certificate in Financial Management for the Family Office
This two and a half day program introduces family office personnel and advisors to best financial management practices to better manage their organization’s finances and make informed investment decisions. We invite family office management personnel and advisors that work within the family office to explore best practices in corporate governance and financial management, evaluation skills necessary to oversee and manage the financial and budgetary aspects of their organization, and the tools necessary to make informed and suitable investment decisions.
Network with industry experts and peers in an intimate venue cultivating one-on-one interactions discussing issues facing family offices. The program is taught by leading Pepperdine Graziadio academics and top industry professionals who will share various opportunities, discuss current issues and review best practices.
- Learn the skills necessary to develop in-depth budgets for all aspects of business and personal activities as a basis for long-term planning and portfolio management
- Review best practices for financial reporting as a tool for decision making, appropriate levels of delegation of authority, organization oversight, and accountability
- Evaluate different legal and organization structures for wealth preservation, wealth transfer, and tax minimization
- Assess portfolio creation, the risk/return relationship, and wealth management tools
- Study various investment opportunities including both public and private markets, alternative investments, real estate investments, and international investment opportunities
- Discuss current issues facing family offices with peers and industry experts in a small group setting
Fall 2018: September 24 - 26, 2018
Fall 2019: October 28 - 30, 2019
Pepperdine University, Drescher Graduate Campus
Villa Graziadio Executive Center
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263
Cost is per participant and includes program materials and meals (breakfast and lunch, unless otherwise noted).
General registration discounts are available for Pepperdine students and alumni and previous Executive Education program participants. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
On-site lodging is available at the Villa Graziadio Executive Center. To reserve a room, call 310.506.1100 and mention "CFMFO."
*Dates and locations may change. We will notify students of any changes in a timely manner.
Who Should Enroll
- Personnel and advisors within the Single Family or Multi-Family Offices
- Wealth advisors interested in developing skills and management expertise in the Family Office segment, e.g., investment bankers, accountants, commercial real estate advisors, and attorneys
- High net worth families interested in developing long-term wealth management strategies
Pepperdine is in the forefront of educational training in putting forth highly valuable educational programs for those professionals servicing high net worth families and family businesses. The classes are cutting edge in contemporary planning with topics covering core inter-personal professionals skills needed by today's professional to be distinctive in your industry. Attendees come from different professional backgrounds and this environment serves as a unique multi-disciplinary platform to learn collaboratively in a group setting.
Partner in Private Client Department of Moses & Singer, LLP
Lido Consulting, Inc. provides consulting services for families with substantial wealth and resources and to those responsible for the management of wealth.