About the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence
Advancing innovation in business education that is relational, experiential, applied, and learner-focused (R.E.A.L.).
The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) works in alignment with the mission and values of the Graziadio Business School and Pepperdine University. We accomplish this by facilitating a culture that supports transformational learning, faculty development, sharing classroom pedagogy, and innovation in business education through both online and onground learning.
This mission is achieved through the following:
- Providing new faculty orientation and onboard training
- Offering teaching awards to faculty who embrace transformational learning
- Providing resources to assist faculty in accomplishing classroom goals
- Encouraging faculty to share classroom activities that generate transformational learning
- Offering workshops (Collegial Exchange) that advance pedagogical insights
"The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence enables educational innovation, so that business professionals obtain an education that is relational, experiential, applied, and learner-focused. Our goal is to use real-world technology and analytics, tightly integrated with the marketplace to help our faculty equip business practitioners to succeed."
Mark Mallinger, PhD
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence
Emeritus Professor, Applied Behavioral Science