Certificate in CSR Program
Corporate citizenship is more than a trend, it’s an essential component of how today’s businesses must operate. Forward-thinking organizations increasingly need leaders who understand the complexities of sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and ethics – and how these tie into innovation, agility and winning in the market.
Based upon the SEER Business Strategy (Social, Ethical, and Environmental Responsibility), the program teaches how to apply its principles to create superior, sustainable, and profitable products and services.
Instruction will go beyond the triple bottom line -- people, planet, and profits -- to introduce the fourth factor, “product”. Explore how producing a superior product and/or service generates financial growth, and is essential for achieving a sustainability competitive advantage, in any business.
This two-day certificate program introduces the SEER Business Strategy (Social, Ethical, and Environmental Responsibility) and how to apply its principles to create superior, sustainable and profitable products and services.
- Study the SEER (Social, Environmental and Ethical Responsibility) philosophy and model, in the context of challenges and opportunities facing business and society. Learn how it can be used to identify and sustain a competitive advantage.
- Gain in depth knowledge of the four macro-values: Corporate Social Responsibility (“People”), Environmental Stewardship (“Planet”), Financial Strength (“Profits”), and “Product/Service” and how these overlap and operate as an integrated system.
- Evaluate the decision making process and explore how to balance outcomes across all four macro-values.
- Discover how integrating SEER values into strategies can translate into innovation, long-term product leadership, and sustained profits.
- Benefit from a curriculum that integrates and blends case-based learning with real world situations.
There are pre-course reading assignments. Participants will receive these assignments after they complete the course registration.
Spring 2019: February 25 - 26, 2019
Fall 2019: August 26 - 27, 2019
West Los Angeles Graduate Campus
6100 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Cost is per participant and includes program materials and meals (breakfast and lunch, unless otherwise noted).
General Registration discount available for Pepperdine students and alumni and previous Executive Education program participants. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
*Dates and locations may change. We will notify students of any changes in a timely
Who Should Enroll
The Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility is designed for:
- Individuals interested in furthering their knowledge and careers in corporate sustainability, environmental stewardship, social responsibility and values-based innovation.
- Business managers and executives involved in setting business strategy, managing operations, or developing new products/services.
Robert Bikel, MBA
Director of the SEER Program, Instructor of SEER Business and Management
In addition to distinguished faculty, students will also benefit and learn from industry experts.
Since 2011, Mr. Robert Bikel has taught several courses in the SEER program, as well as Corporate Social Responsibility Certificate classes. Most recently he has worked with SEER founder Michael Crooke, former CEO of Patagonia Inc., consulting on leadership and strategy for high growth companies.
The course takes a clear-eyed view of the challenges and trade-offs, as well as, the benefits and opportunities that result when you craft winning strategies that take values into account.
Instructor, Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility Program