Loan Counseling for Undergraduates
Entrance loan counseling is required by the federal government for all first-time borrowers at Pepperdine University. You may make an appointment to meet with a counselor to attend entrance counseling or may use the online loan counseling provided via the Internet.
The information provided at these sessions is intended to assist you in understanding how to manage your student loan and the commitment that comes with the acceptance of a student loan. Above all, you must realize that student loans are not grants or scholarships; they require repayment.
There is a lot of important information to understand about student loans. If you have questions, please call the Graziadio School Financial Aid Office either to make an appointment for counseling or to ask questions. We are here to help you achieve your educational goals.
Entrance loan counseling on the Web contains the following information:
- Explanation of the types of financial aid
- Loan types and eligibility
- Loan terms and conditions, including repayment and deferment
- Student rights and responsibilities
- Consequences of non-payment
- Useful information that you will need to know
- Links to electronic calculators: budget worksheets, loan comparison, and loan repayment
What do you have to do to complete the entrance interview?
- Carefully read the information in each section.
- At the end, answer each of the questions regarding the material you have just reviewed and click on submit.