Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
By accepting a financial aid package offered by the Graziadio School, the student agrees to comply with the Financial Aid Terms & Conditions.
Acknowledging that you the student:
- Have read and understand the information provided in the Graziadio School Financial Aid Application Guide.
- Understand that any corrections made to my FAFSA may result in a revision of my financial
- I may be required to pay back part or all of the aid received if the corrections made to my FAFSA information changes my financial aid eligibility.
- Authorize the Graziadio School to receive my loan proceeds via EFT.
- Authorize the Graziadio School to use federal Title IV funds to cover institutional
- Understand that the full amount of these funds will be applied to my student account.
- Will report all scholarships received from external organizations to the Financial Aid Office.
- Understand that all loan amounts may be adjusted due to changes in enrollment status,
verification of income, or additional aid.
- Understand that the federal Graduate PLUS and alternative loans are based on credit and are subject to approval by the lending institution.
- Understand loan fees may be deducted from the loan proceeds prior to disbursement of the loan.
- Understand that I should follow-up regarding the denial status of my loan(s).
- Understand that my adverse credit history may impact my eligibility for credit based loans.
- Understand that all or a portion of my scholarship may be replaced with a different
designated Graziadio School scholarship award.
- Agree to participate in the stewardship thank-you letter project to express my gratitude to the donor for his/her generosity or my scholarship(s) will be rescinded.
- Understand that the full award of my scholarship may be rescinded if I withdraw from my courses during the term or if my enrollment drops to below 4 units for the trimester.
- Understand that any scholarship or grant assistance received in excess of tuition charges may be subject to federal taxation.
- Understand that financial aid may not exceed the cost of attendance.
- Understand that I must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as described
in the school catalog to be eligible for financial aid. (Complete the program within 150% of the normal
program length. Example: 18 attempted trimesters for Fully Employed MBA).
- Understand if the SAP standards are not met, I will be placed on financial aid warning status or I may lose my financial aid eligibility.
- Understand that if my eligibility for financial aid is suspended, I may appeal in writing to the Associate Director, Financial Aid Student Services.
- Understand that if I withdraw or drop my classes during the trimester, the Financial
Aid Office will recalculate eligibility for my federal aid that was disbursed or could
have been disbursed.
- Understand that all unearned federal financial aid funds will be returned to the Department of Education and may result in unpaid school charges.
- Agree to pay any unpaid charges that may accrue as a result of the return of federal funds.
- Authorize the Graziadio School to credit my student account with a post-withdrawal disbursement(s) for charges other than current trimester tuition including minor prior year charges.
- Understand I may cancel loans within 14 days after receipt of the notice that my student
account was credited by federal loans or the first day of class, whichever is later.
- Understand that I can request my student loan adjustment or cancellation by e-mailing the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com from my Pepperdine student email.
- Understand that if I cancel all or a portion of a loan disbursement within 120 days of the date of disbursement no interest or fees will be charged on the returned funds.
- Understand that this authorization of the above conditions may be rescinded or changed at any time during my period of enrollment.
- Understand, in keeping with the University Code of Ethics Policy, I respect the inherent worth of each member of the Pepperdine community. I will act with integrity and treat others with respect and dignity. Misconduct Subject to Disciplinary Action include actions or communications, whether they are online or in-person, that constitutes disrespect, intimidation, or retaliation, directed toward a member of the Pepperdine staff, student body, faculty or toward any member of the community.
- Understand that the Graziadio School uses electronic means for various financial aid
transactions (online financial aid applications and forms, missing information requests,
award notifications, award adjustment requests and other transactions between the
school and students).
- Understand there is an option to conduct these transactions in non-electronic form, which may delay the processing of my application.
- Understand that to receive these transactions in a non-electronic format, I should contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Understand that to conduct these transactions in an electronic format, access to the
Internet, FireFox 29, Internet Explorer 9.0, and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.00 or higher
is needed. If you are a student of the Graziadio School of Business and Management, you have
been assigned an e-mail address ending with @pepperdine.edu. All critical information
regarding your financial aid application status will be sent to your Pepperdine e-mail
To follow up on the status of your Graziadio School of Business and Management Application for Financial Aid, contact the Financial Aid Office at (310) 568-5530 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.