Graduate Withdrawals and Refunds
Refunds Due to Withdrawal
Students may be eligible for a full or partial refund of tuition payments if they withdraw from the course(s) during the trimester. The withdrawal date is the date the student notifies the Program Office regarding his/her withdrawal from the course or the trimester.
Return of Title IV Funds
Withdrawal from the course(s) at or prior to completion of 60% of the trimester may result in loss of eligibility to keep the full amount of the disbursed federal funds. Unearned Title IV funds are returned as stated in Federal Regulations, 34 CFR parts 668, 682, and 685, Return of Title IV Aid. The refund amount is calculated based on the Federal Return of Title IV Funds pro rata schedule. Additional information can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.
Federal funds will be returned in the following order:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Direct PLUS and Graduate PLUS Loan
- Federal Pell Grant (undergraduate students only)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (undergraduate students only)
- Other federal, state, private, or institutional aid
Students who complete more than 60% of the trimester maintain their eligibility of disbursed federal funds.
After all charges and return of Title IV funds are finalized, the credit balance if any, will be released based on the student's written request sent to the financial aid office.