Owen Hall, PE, PhD
Owen P. Hall, Jr., PE, PhD holds the Corwin D. Denney Academic Chair and is a Professor of Decision Sciences at Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business. He is a Julian Virtue Professor and a Rothschild Applied Research Fellow. He has more than 35 years of academic and industry experience in mobile learning technologies, artificial intelligence, and business analytics.
Dr. Hall is the recipient of the Charles Luckman, Howard A. White, and Sloan teaching excellence awards. Dr. Hall is a registered professional engineer, State of California. He is the author of several textbooks on computer-based decision-making and has written extensively on artificial intelligence, data mining and Web-based learning. Dr. Hall is the vice chairman of the INFORMS University Analytics program committee. He is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma and Delta Mu Delta Honor Societies. His latest research focuses on the use of robotic technology to enhance faculty and student support services.
Dr. Hall received his PhD from the University of Southern California and undertook post-doctoral studies at the Center for Futures Research.
University of Southern California, Doctor of Philosophy
California State University, Master of Business Administration
California State University, Bachelor of Science
- Post-doctoral studies at the Center for Futures Research
- Evaluating the Efficacy of Mandatory Attendance, Advances and Applications in Statistical Sciences, 2(1), 2010
- Global Supply Chain Strategies for SMBS, Indian Journal of Economics & Business, 9(2), 2010. Customized Content Delivery for Graduate Management Education, Journal of Statistic Education, 16 (3), 2009.
- Developing Winning Baseball Teams: a Neural Net Analysis, International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, 5(3), 2009.
- Professional MBA Programs: New Directions and Challenges, International Journal Technology Enhanced Learning, 1(1), 2008.
- Assessing EMBA programs: A Benchmarking Approach, Journal of Information Systems in Education, 4, 2008.
- Enhancing Management Education Using Hybrid Learning Nets: A perspective from working adults, Journal of Business Management, 12(1), 2007
- Aggressive Revenue Recognition: Bull or Bear Consequences, Indian Journal of Economics & Business, 6(2), 2007.
- Role of Hybrid Learning Nets in Executive Management Education, Journal of Information Systems Education, 17, 2006.
- Using Neural Net technology to Analyze Corporate Restructuring Announcements, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 12(2), 2004.
- Search Engine Technology Impetus for the Knowledge Revolution in Business Education, Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 15(2), 2004.
- Integrated Learning Nets: Applications to Business Education, Journal of Information Systems Education, 2(18), 2004.
- Customized Learning Systems for Management Education: The Promise of ALN, Learning & Training Innovations, July, 2004.
- Deploying the Balanced Scored Card, OSH Journal, January, 2002.
- Employee Turnover: Can Artificial Intelligence Help? IHRIM Journal, 6(1), 2002.
- A.I. Meets Learning, e-learning, 3(7), January, 2002.
- Mining the Store, Journal of Business Strategy, 22(2), 2001.
- Neural Net Based Business Forecasting: Application to the Music Industry, Journal of Business and Management, 7(1), 2000.
- Corwin D. Denney Academic Chair (2017- present)
- Howard While Teaching Fellow (2017)
- Rothschild Applied Research Fellow (2013)
- Sloan-C Effective Teaching Award (2013)
- Julian Virtue Professorship (2010)
- Howard While Teaching Fellow (2009)
- Blended Learning Fellow (2009)
- Charles Luckman Teaching Fellow (1992)
- Hybrid & Online Driven Business Education, DSI, Chicago, November, 2018.
- Addressing the Shadow IT Challenge: Applications to Higher Education, Kauai, March, 2018
- Intelligent Tutors: Applications to Management Education, SITE, Washington D.C., March, 2018.
- Crowdsourcing Management Education, Lilly, February, 2018.
- Technology Driven Operations Education, DSI, November, 2017.
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems Driven Management Education, INFORMS, October, 2017.
- Management Education in the Intelligent Tutor Era, E-Learn, October, 2017.
- The Growing Impact of the Web on Open Education, Open_Ended, October, 2017.
- Robots and Quality Assurance, LIveText, Chicago, July, 2017.
- Telepresence and Management Education, WASC, San Diego, March, 2017.
- Engaging Faculty and Students in a Collaborative Virtual Learning Universe SITE, Savannah, March, 2017.
- Enhancing Management Education via Intelligent Tutors, DSI, Austin, November, 2016.
- CIO – Robotic Assisted Student Support Services (2016)
- Provost – Social Media and Management Education (2014)
- GMAC – Design of Faculty Collaboration Networks (2012-2013)
- Provost - Innovation in Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (2013)
- CIO – Assessing Faculty Attitudes towards Online Learning (2012)
- Provost – Best Practices in Management Education (2011)
Graziadio Business Review
- Business Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Statistics & Research Methods
- Operations Management
- Strategic Business Simulation
- Quantitative Analysis for Business Operations
- Quantitative Analysis for Business Operations - Executive
- Quantitative Analysis for Business Operations – Online
- Quantitative Analysis for Business Operations - Hybrid