Dubos J. Masson, PhD, MBA, B.S., CTP, Cert ICM
Associate Professor of Finance
PhD, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
B.S., General Business, University of New Orleans, LA
MBA, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Over the past 20 years, Dr. D.J. Masson has provided business and financial consulting and training services to a wide variety of corporations, financial institutions, and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S. and abroad. In addition, D.J. has served on the faculty of several universities, and is currently an associate professor of finance at the Graziadio School of Business and Management at Pepperdine University. Dr. Masson is a frequent conference speaker on a variety of financial, treasury management, and electronic commerce topics and is the author of numerous articles and such financial textbooks as Treasurer's Handbook of Financial Management, Essentials of Cash Management and Essentials of Treasury Management. Dr. Masson is also a lead instructor and curriculum developer for the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), an association of corporate treasury managers and banking professionals. Dr. Masson holds an MBA and PhD in Finance from Indiana University and professional certifications in cash/treasury management from both U.S. and UK treasury associations.
Areas of Expertise
Banking Industry, Bankruptcy, Cash Flow Analysis, Commercial Lending, Cost Analyses, Finance, Financial Accounting, Financial Investments, Financial Markets and Institutions, Financial Planning, Foreign Trade, International Business, Investment Banking, Investments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Valuation, Venture Capital
Current Research or Projects
Dr. Masson is currently working on a chapter on Working Capital Management for the Handbook of Modern Finance. He is also working on several publications in the areas of financial education and corporate financial practice, as well as developing a training program in international trade for a major financial institution.
Dr. Masson is President of The Resource Alliance, a training and consulting firm specializing in treasury management, electronic commerce, international finance, sales and sales management, retirement investments and planning, and business process redesign. Over the past 20 years, Dr. Masson has been providing business and financial consulting and training services to a wide variety of corporations, financial institutions, and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S., Canada, and abroad.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Essentials of Treasury Management, Lead Author, with David Wikoff and Peggy Weber, Published by Association for Financial Professionals. (This text is the body of knowledge for AFP's Certified Treasury Professional exam.)
- "A Survey of Capital Budgeting in Publicly Traded Utility Companies", with Antonio Apap, Forthcoming in Southwest Business and Economics Journal, Volume 13, 2004-2005
- "No-Load Equity Mutual Funds Versus the S&P 500 Index Funds During Bull and Bear Markets", with Antonio Apap, The Journal of Accounting and Financial Research, Volume 13, Number 4, Summer II, 2005
- Essentials of Cash Management, 7th Edition
- Investment Mathematics – Presentation at 2005 AFP Annual Conference
- Treasury Management Workshop – For Congress for Executive Education (Mexico City)
- Cash Management Basics for the National Association of Credit Managers (NACM) Certification Program – Dartmouth, July 2005
Association of Corporate Treasurers (UK)
Association for Financial Professionals
Financial Management Association
National Association of Credit Managers
Honors and Awards
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- Cert ICM (Certification of International Cash Management – UK)
Served on GSBM Faculty Orientation and Development Committee
Served on AFP's Certified Treasury Management Committee (works with university business schools to promote treasury certification in business programs).