Jeff Schieberl, JD, MBA
Practitioner Faculty of Business Law
J.D., Southwestern University School Of Law, Los Angeles, CA
MBA, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
B.A., University Of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Schieberl has more than 20 years of energy industry senior management experience involving both domestic and international operations. He has served as President/CEO of a natural gas processing company. He has also been Vice President of Law and Government Relations of an independent oil and gas company. He has effectively managed a unionized workforce in a heavily regulated industry. Dr. Schieberl interfaced with Southern California Edison regularly in several different contexts including the negotiation of various agreements on behalf of Union Pacific Resources Company and Harbor Cogeneration Company. At the same time he was a member of the Management Committee of Harbor Cogeneration Company during its design, construction and after the plant came online.
In addition, Dr. Schieberl served as Executive Director of an industry association that represented the interests of Southern California large natural gas fueled cogeneration facilities. Members of that industry association included Texaco, Arco, Union Pacific Resources Company, Mission Energy and several small independent producing entities. As Executive Director he interfaced regularly with the California Legislature, California Public Utilities Commission and the California Energy Commission. His advocacy experience includes representing the interests of business organizations before Congress and several state legislatures.
California Governor Pete Wilson appointed Dr. Schieberl to serve on an Interstate Energy Commission. In that capacity he represented the interests of the people of the State of California in the development of national energy policy, as well as uniform industry operating rules and regulations and energy related litigation matters. He initially joined the faculty in 1989 as an adjunct faculty member. Dr. Schieberl is now a full-time Practitioner Faculty Member at the Pepperdine University George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management. His consulting practice provides his expertise to clients relative to a variety of issues.
Area of Expertise
Current Research or Projects
Dr. Schieberl is currently engaged in research that pertains to the use of mediation and arbitration techniques in the resolution of intra-organization dispute resolution. His research efforts are also exploring the significant role environmental law plays in the negotiation and final structure of international trade agreements.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "What You Need to Know About Attorneys' Fees," Graziadio Business Report, 2005 Vol.8 No.1 Co-Authored with Michael Magasin, J.D.
- "Mediation/Arbitration Techniques for Resolving Intra-Organization Disputes," Graziadio Business Report, 2005 Vol. 8 No. 2.
- "What You Need to Know About Attorneys' Fees," Academic Forum, Graziadio School of Business, March 8, 2005 Co-Presented with Michael Magasin, J. D.
- Served as a Member of Museum of Flying Advisory Board (Santa Monica, California)
- Served as a Member of Board, Member of Executive Committee, Chair of Corporate Alliance Committee National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Orange County, California Chapter
- Served as a Member of Adjunct Faculty Committee
- Currently serving as a Member of BSM Committee