Best for the World Leaders
Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
Business is one of the most influential institutions of our age, and a great responsibility rests upon educators to prepare future leaders to be conscientious stewards of industry. At Pepperdine Graziadio, we approach this responsibility from a position rooted in our entrepreneurial heritage, our Christian values, and our commitment to strengthening lives for purpose, service, and leadership.
And while we believe empowering students to be focused leaders at the top of their field is important, empowering them to be compassionate leaders cognizant of the impact their business decisions have on their local and global communities is essential. As we enter the fourth industrial revolution and the smart machine age, Pepperdine Graziadio students are encouraged to become Best for the World Leaders—professionals who apply educational, spiritual, and ethical approaches to positively impact the lives of their colleagues, customers, and communities.
We believe that Best for the World Leaders...
- Envision, develop, and catalyze yet unseen business opportunities wherever they live and work
- Use socially, environmentally, and ethically responsible business practices
- Make business decisions based upon the implications for their community, not solely upon the impact they have on stakeholders and organizations
- Act with integrity always, have courage with compassion, and lead with a pioneering spirit
- Take action, "Today, not tomorrow," and do not wait for favorable or comfortable conditions to create positive change
Best for the World Leaders are focused on more than just the bottom line. They are looking to serve their communities through responsible business practices, such as:
- Corporate social responsibility
- Social engagement and action
- Consumer protection
- Organizational development
- Ethical leadership
Best for the World Leaders strive to do their best
—not just to be the best.
We believe there is a world of difference between the two concepts of best for the
world, and best in the world.