The Graziadio Experience
The mission of the George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management is to develop values-centered leaders and advance responsible business practice through education that is entrepreneurial in spirit, ethical in focus, and global in orientation. Read full mission
A values-centered leader is one who believes ethics and profits need not be mutually exclusive to achieve success in business. In fact, we believe they should go hand in hand.
That's why we provide opportunities for values-centered leadership both in and out of the classroom. For example:
- The program in Socially, Environmentally, and Ethically Responsible (SEER) business practice allows Full-time MBA students to earn a certificate in corporate social responsibility along with their MBA.
- Professor Mark Chun and his students have helped build houses for Habitat for Humanity and tutored for Los Angeles Literacy Programs.
- As part of a Civic Leadership course, Presidents and Key Executives MBA students provide job coaching to homeless individuals.
- Students in the M.S. in Management and Leadership program provide management solutions to nonprofit organizations free of charge in the Education to Community (E2C) Capstone Project.
- Student-run clubs Values-Centered Leadership Lab, Net Impact, and Challenge for Charity (C4C) focus on issues such as business ethics, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and service to community.
Noteworthy examples abound of Graziadio School students emerging as courageous leaders, compassionate global citizens, and people of integrity – the future of business.