Certificate in Private Capital Markets
Executive Education Programs
Building Value by Making Better Investment and Financing Decisions
The Certificate in Private Capital Markets (CIPCM) is a three-day curriculum-based
training program developed by Dr. John Paglia in association with his ground breaking
research in the Pepperdine Private Capital Market Project, now led by Dr. Craig Everett. The CIPCM program attendees learn in-depth critical
analysis and evaluation skills for transacting successful financing deals within the
private capital markets and the valuation methods used by capital providers when evaluating
transactions. The program will be instructed by both Pepperdine faculty members and
Certificate Program DetailsDates and locations may change. We will notify students of any changes in a timely manner.
Malibu Program Details
Dates and Times
February 27 - March 1, 2017
Villa Graziadio Executive Center
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263
$2,500 Early Bird Registration Fee (until January 31, 2017)
$3,095 Regular Registration
Program cost includes materials, breakfast and lunch each day.
Discounts available for all Pepperdine students, PCM Survey and Pepperdine alumni. Please contact us for additional information.
Click here to register for the Malibu program.
- Perform an in-depth analysis of the major sources of capital in the private markets including angel, venture capital, mezzanine, private equity, bank loans, asset-backed loans, and factoring lines.
- Study how providers of funds within the private capital market segments evaluate risk and determine who qualifies for a particular capital type.
- Learn how capital providers value private businesses including the components of the risk profile impacting valuation and how business owners can operate to increase valuation.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of major capital types in the private markets.
- Introduce the private cost of capital (PCOC) model to estimate cost of capital for
privately-held companies using the Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project survey
Who Should Attend
The CIPCM is designed for business owners and professionals employed within the finance, banking, investment, mergers and acquisitions, valuation, management consulting, legal, and accounting fields. The certificate qualifies for continuing education credit for CPAS licensed in CA and MCLE for attorneys licensed in CA and may qualify for other credentials depending on the state of jurisdiction.